Friday, May 22, 2009

Reflection

Throughout the past three weeks of senior project I have gained allot of knowledge and experience with and from organic farming that have allowed me to create a healthy and sustainable garden. From day one to day twenty one I learned something new or found out the hard way I did something wrong, which ever it was each day brought some sort of surprise with it. Now that the final week has come to an end I can sit back and look at the hard work I have put into my senior project. This week was full of heavy lifting, planting, organizing and making sure my gardens would meet my expectations. This week was awesome, I was really able to see the finished product of my garden and have a sense of confidence going into my meeting. All of my plants are in ground, the garden is tilled and the straw is down. I worked really hard this week creating a clean and well presentable garden; I finished all of my planting and removed two large rocks that were in one of my garden beds. I used my resources and father to figure out a way to keep moisture in the soil during hot sunny days like we have had all week. I ended up buying a bail of straw to cover the topsoil of my garden with ensuring moisture and no grass or weeds anytime soon. I am very proud of the work I have produced this week and I am even more proud of the project I have produced over the past three weeks, the gardens look great!

No comments:

Post a Comment